1892 - North Kankakee Electric Light & Railway Co., a second company, opens line north to Bradley and Bourbonnais.
1907 - Chicago and Southern Traction Co. completes interurban line from Chicago's south side into Kankakee, operating in Kankakee via trackage rights over North Kankakee Electric Light & Railway Co.
1912 - Chicago and Southern Traction Co. sold to Chicago and Interurban Traction Co.
1927 - Chicago and Interurban Traction Co. ceases operations.
1930 - First streetcar routes converted to buses.
1931 - Streetcars discontinued.
1932 - Kankakee Motor Coach Co. assumes operation of bus service.
1960 - Kankakee Motor Coach Co. ceases operation, leaving Kankakee without local transit service.
1999 - Kankakee River Valley Mass Transit District assumes operation of local buses from Kankakee Area Transit System, which had begun operation a few years earlier.