1913 - Streetcar line completed to East Chicago and Indiana Harbor by East Chicago Street Railway Co., operating west of Gary via 5th Avenue. East Chicago Street Railway Co. was a subsidiary of the Chicago-New York Electric Air Line Railroad, and leased to Gary & Interurban Railway Co.
1913 - Gary & Interurban Railway Co., Goshen South Bend & Chicago Railroad Co., Valparaiso & Northern Railway, Gary Connecting Railways Co. all merge to form Gary & Interurban Railroad Co.
1917 - Gary & Interurban Railroad Co. separated back into former companies, as condition of renewal of Gary streetcar franchise. New streetcar company is Gary Street Railway Co., which also assumes ownership of East Chicago Street Railway Co.
1923 - Gary Street Railway Co. and various interurban railways acquired by Midland Utilities, a public utility holding company controlled by Samuel Insull.
1925 - Midland Utilities consolidates acquisitions from 1923 into Gary Railways Co.
1929 - Midland Utilities becomes a subsidiary of Midland United Co., controlled by Samuel Insull.
1932 - Gary Railways Co. sold by Midland United Co., becomes subsidiary of Chicago & Calumet District Transit Co., continuing operation as separate company.
1943 - Gary Railways Co. sold to Gary Railways, Inc.
1946 - Streetcar service on Hammond line and on Broadway line replaced with buses.
1947 - Streetcar service discontinued on National Tube Co. line., ending all streetcar service in Gary.
1956 - Gary Railways reorganized, with Gary Transit Inc. formed to operate city bus service, and Gary Intercity Lines Inc. formed to operate interurban bus service.
1975 - Gary Transit becomes publicly owned Gary Public Transportation Corporation.