GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 350 Broadway, built by 1930's
GREYHOUND STATION, 34 Hamilton St., built around 1970, STILL IN USE
INTERSTATE PLAZA BUS TERMINAL (Trailways), 426 Broadway, built by 1940's
TRAILWAYS BUS TERMINAL, 360 Broadway, built early 1960's
GREYHOUND UNION BUS DEPOT, 640 Main St., existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND BUS DEPOT, 672 Main St., built 1941, STILL STANDS
TRAILWAYS TERMINAL, 663 Main St., built early 1960's
TRAILWAYS TERMINAL, Pearl St. and Huron St., built around 1970
METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION CENTER, 181 Elicott St., built around 1976
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 12 N. Perry Sq., existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 28 N. Perry Sq., built 1940, STILL STANDS
INTERMODAL CENTER, 208 E. Bayfront Pkwy., built 2006
In 1986, Greyhound moved to a new location away from downtown. In 2006, Greyhound returned to downtown, moving into the new Intermodal Center, also used by the EMTA local bus system.
GREYHOUND DEPOT, 1010 Liberty St., built by 1930's
GREYHOUND DEPOT, 55 11th St., built 1959/rebuilt 2008, STILL IN USE
TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 1011 Liberty Ave., built by 1941
TRAILWAYS UNION BUS TERMINAL, 15 Smithfield St., built 1947
CONTINENTAL TRAILWAYS BUS TERMINAL, 210 10th St., built early 1960's
Between 2005 and 2008, the Greyhound Depot was demolished and replaced with a newer station at the same location. Greyhound meanwhile operated out of a temporary location. This present station is located near the Amtrak train station.
GREYHOUND DEPOT, 72 Franklin St., existed in 1930's/1940's
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 320 Andrews St., built 1948
MARTZ/BLUE BUS LINE TERMINAL, 83 South Ave., existed from 1930's into 1960's
REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION CENTER (Trailways), 187 Midtown Pl., built 1961
GREYHOUND STATION, 186 Cumberland St., built 2009
Around 1989, Greyhound moved to the Regional Transportation Center.
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 218 Adams Ave., built by 1930's
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 23 Lackawanna Ave., built around 1970, STILL IN USE
MARTZ BUS TERMINAL, 246 Adams Ave., built by 1942
TRAILWAYS TERMINAL, 135 Adams Ave., built 1954
MARTZ TRAILWAYS TERMINAL, Lackawanna Ave. and Jefferson Ave., built around 1970
The Capitol Bus Co. shared the Martz Bus Terminal prior to construction of the Trailways Terminal. The Capitol Bus Co. and the Frank Martz Coach Co. were both Trailways companies.
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, Onondaga St. and Clinton St., existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND BUS DEPOT, 235 Harrison St., built 1941
GREYHOUND BUS DEPOT, 815 Erie Blvd. East, established early 1960's, STILL STANDS
The building on Erie Blvd. was constructed as a station for the New York Central Railroad in 1936, when the railroad was relocated in downtown Syracuse. During the 1970's, when expressway construction forced elimination of that segment of railroad, building became the Greyhound bus station. And the Amtrak station was relocated to East Syracuse, away from downtown.
In 1999, a new intermodal station opened for both Greyhound and Amtrak, a short distance northwest of downtown.
GREYHOUND BUS TERMINAL, 128 Genesee St., built by 1930's
UTICA BUS TERMINAL, 212 Oriskany St. East, built 1948
GREYHOUND BUS TERMINAL, Liberty St. and Hotel St., built 1955
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 527 Oriskany St., built around 1970
UNION STATION, 321 Main St., established around 1987
The Utica Bus Terminal was originally constructed for a few independent bus companies, with Greyhound later moving in in 1952. In 1955, that station closed, with Greyhound and the independent bus companies moving to the new Greyhound terminal.
Around 1987, Greyhound moved to the present location at the Amtrak train station.