GREYHOUND UNION TERMINAL, 11 N. Main St., existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 47 N. Main St., built by 1942
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 259 S. Broadway, built 1949
BOROVITZ TRAVEL (Trailways), 130 S. Howard St., established 1942
BUS DEPOT/PORTAGE HOTEL (Trailways), 10 N. Main St., established 1952
CONTINENTAL TRAILWAYS STATION, 280 S. Main St., built around 1970
TRAILWAYS STATION, 781 Grant St., built 1976
DOWNTOWN TRANSIT CENTER, 631 S. Broadway, built 2009
In 1985, Greyhound moved its operations into the Trailways station on Grant St., which emerged as the one bus station after Greyhound acquired Continental Trailways.
The new intermodal Downtown Transit Center is also used by the METRO local bus system.
BUCKEYE BUS STATION, 211 2nd St. NW, existed in 1930's
UNION BUS TERMINAL, 325 2nd St. NW, existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 402 2nd Ave. SW, built by 1942
CANTON BUS TERMINAL, 811 2nd St. NW, built around 1970
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 819 Market St. S, built 1979
CORNERSTONE TRANSIT CENTER, 112 Cherry Ave. SE, built 2003
The new intermodal Cornerstone Transit Center is also used by the SARTA local bus system.
GREYHOUND BUS DEPOT, 630 Walnut St., existed in 1930's/1940's
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 5th St. and Sycamore St. (SW corner), built 1942
GREYHOUND STATION, 1005 Gilbert Ave., built around 1976, STILL IN USE
TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 215 E. 5th St., existed in 1940's
TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 123 E. Court St., built by 1942
TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 310 E. 5th St., built 1947
TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 4th St. and Sycamore St., built around 1970
TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 721 Reading Rd., built around 1976
GREYHOUND BUS DEPOT, 1711 East 9th St., built by 1930's
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 1465 Chester Ave., built 1948, STILL IN USE
NORTHERN TRAILWAYS DEPOT, 1821 East 9th St., existed in early 1940's
NORTHERN TRAILWAYS DEPOT, 1785 East 9th St., built by 1942
AMERICAN BUSLINES DEPOT, 21 Public Square, built 1943
CONTINENTAL TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 920 Superior Ave., built 1948
CONTINENTAL TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 1407 Payne Ave., built 1954
CONTINENTAL TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, East 13th St. and Walnut St., built 1956
CONTINENTAL TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 1470 Chester Ave., built early 1960's
AMTRAK STATION (Trailways), 200 Cleveland Memorial Shoreway, established around 1984
GREYHOUND BUS DEPOT, 43 W. State St., existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 81 E. Town St., built 1940
GREYHOUND STATION, 111 E. Town St., built 1969, STILL IN USE
UNION BUS STATION (Trailways), 49 E. Town St., existed in early 1940's
ALL AMERICAN BUS DEPOT, 46 E. Town St., built by 1942
ALL AMERICAN BUS DEPOT, 76 E. Town St., built 1944
CONTINENTAL TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 220 S. 3rd St., built 1948
COLUMBUS BUS STATION (Trailways), 220 E. Town St., built 1950
CONTINENTAL TRAILWAYS BUS STATION, 25 E. Main St., built early 1960's
CONTINENTAL TRAILWAYS BUS STATION, 254 S. High St., built around 1970
CONTINENTAL TRAILWAYS BUS STATION, 800 S. High St., built around 1982
The Columbus Bus Station was originally constructed for a few independent bus companies, with Trailways later moving in in 1956.
CENTRAL BUS TERMINAL, 145 W 4th St., existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 1st St. and Wilkinson St., built 1940
DAYTON TRANSPORTATION CENTER, 111 E. 5th St., built around 1976
In 2009, Greyhound moved to a new location away from downtown, at a transit center also used by the GDRTA local bus and trolleybus system.
UNION BUS TERMINAL, 502 W. Grand River Ave., built in 1920's
TULLER HOTEL, Park Ave. and Bagley St., existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, Washington Blvd. and Grand River Ave. (NW corner), built 1937
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 130 E. Congress St., built 1958
GREYHOUND STATION, 1000 W. Lafayette St., built 1989
GREYHOUND STATION, 1001 Howard St., built 1990
Prior to the opening of the Greyhound Terminal, the various Greyhound companies buses stopped at the Tuller Hotel. The largest intercity bus company serving Detroit at the time was Eastern Michigan Motorbuses, which had evolved from the Detroit United Railway interurban system, and became Great Lakes Greyhound in 1941. Eastern Michigan Motorbuses had used the Union Bus Terminal.
GREAT LAKES GREYHOUND LINES DEPOT, 524 N. Saginaw St., built by 1930's
DOWNTOWN TRANSPORTATION CENTER, 615 Harrison St., built around 1990's
Station existed until 1983, although it might have been rebuilt in 1950. In 1983, Greyhound moved to the present location at the Amtrak train station, away from downtown. In 1989, Greyhound moved to the Downtown Transportation Center, also used by the MTA local bus system. But in 2001 Greyhound returned to the Amtrak station.
GREYHOUND DEPOT, 211 Berry St., existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 223 W. Jefferson St., built 1938
GREYHOUND STATION, 929 S. Lafayette St., built 1979
EMPIRE TRAILWAYS DEPOT, 205 W. Washington St., existed in early 1940's
INDIANA RAILROAD BUS DEPOT, 205 W. Jefferson St., built 1948
TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 208 W. Lewis St., built by 1960's
UNION BUS DEPOT (Trailways), 1031 Broadway, built around 1970
CITILINK CENTRAL STATION, 121 W. Baker St., built 2012
Empire Trailways service later used the Greyhound Terminal, but was discontinued during 1940's.
In 1941, the Indiana Railroad replaced all remaining interurban trains with buses, which then began using the Greyhound Terminal. Indiana Railroad later constructed its own bus terminal next door, and in 1950, Indiana Railroad became part of Southeastern Trailways.
The new intermodal Citilink Central Station is also used by the local bus system.
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 55 Oakes St. SW, built by 1930's
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 25 Market St. NW, built 1949
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 25 Monroe St. NW, built around 1980
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 190 Wealthy St. SW, built around 1987
RAPID CENTRAL STATION, 250 Grandville Ave SW, built 2004
The new intermodal Rapid Central Station is also used by the Rapid local bus system.
TRACTION TERMINAL BUS STATION, Market St. and Illinois St. (NW corner), built 1904
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 127 N. Capitol St., built 1966
TRAILWAYS TERMINAL, 1810 W. 16th St., built around 1970
TRAILWAYS TERMINAL, 248 S. Illinois St., built around 1982
GREYHOUND STATION, 350 S. Illinois St., established 1996
The Traction Terminal was originally built for the interurban railways, and was used by buses until the 1960's, when Greyhound and Trailways opened their own separate stations.
After closure of the Traction Terminal, Trailways briefly stopped at 240 W. Ohio St. During the early 1970's, Southeastern Trailways established its "main" Trailways terminal northwest of downtown at 1810 W. 16th St., which still appears to be a garage for the surviving charter operations. While Trailways also made a downtown stop at 120 W. Ohio St.
The present Greyhound station was carved out of a portion of Union Station, and is shared with Amtrak.
UNION BUS STATION, 434 W. Broadway, built 1937
GREYHOUND STATION, 720 W. Muhammad Ali Blvd., built around 1970, STILL IN USE
UNION BUS DEPOT (Trailways), 213 W. Liberty St., built 1948
UNION BUS STATION, 133 S. Lafayette Blvd., built by 1942
INDIANA MOTOR BUS CO. DEPOT, 117 Western Ave., built 1949
UNION BUS DEPOT, 210 W. Monroe St., built 1958
CENTRAL BUS STATION (Trailways), 230 W. Jefferson Blvd., existed in 1930's
CENTRAL BUS STATION (Trailways), 202 Lincolnway East., built by 1942
CONTINENTAL TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 322 E. Jefferson Blvd., built 1949
Greyhound historically shared its bus stations with Indiana Motor Bus, including the two "Union" stations. Historically, Trailways' presence in South Bend was more minimal.
In 1981, Greyhound moved to the present location at the airport. In 1992, the airport also became the terminal for the South Shore Line trains to and from Chicago.
UNION BUS DEPOT (Greyhound), 439 Superior St., existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 420 Jefferson Ave., built by 1942
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 811 Jefferson Ave., built 1949, STILL IN USE
TOLEDO BUS CENTER (Trailways), 446 Huron St., built by 1942
CONTINENTAL TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 420 Jefferson Ave., acquired 1950
CONTINENTAL TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 719 Monroe St., built early 1960's
CONTINENTAL TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 1611 Jefferson Ave., built around 1970
Trailways had used the Toledo Bus Center. After Greyhound moved to its new station at 811 Jefferson Ave., Trailways moved into the Greyhound station at 420 Jefferson Ave.
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 234 W. Federal St., built by 1942
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 529 W. Federal St., built early 1960's
FEDERAL STATION, 340 W. Federal St., built 1994
The new intermodal Federal Station is also used by the WRTA local bus system.