UNION BUS DEPOT (Greyhound), 470 Broadway, opened by 1930's
GARY BUS TERMINAL (Greyhound), 451 Washington St., opened around 1942
TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 477 Broadway, opened by 1930's
UNION BUS TERMINAL, 320 W. 5th Ave., opened early 1960's
GARY METRO CENTER, 100 W. 4th Ave., opened 1995
Throughout their histories, the independent Indian Trails and Indiana Motor Bus companies also used the Greyhound station.
Beginning in 1957, Trailways used the Gary Bus Terminal, and subsequently shared its bus terminal with Greyhound.
The intermodal Gary Metro Center is also used by the NICTD/South Shore Line trains, and used by the GPTC local bus system.
GREYHOUND BUS DEPOT, 4919 Hohman Ave., opened by 1930's
GREYHOUND BUS DEPOT, 54 State St., opened 1949
ALL AMERICAN BUS DEPOT, 5035 Hohman Ave., opened by 1930's
UNION BUS STATION (Trailways), 5036 Hohman Ave., opened by 1930's
TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 51 State St., opened early 1960's
Throughout their histories, the independent Indian Trails and Indiana Motor Bus companies also used the Greyhound station. Both the Greyhound and Trailways stations were also served by Gold Star Line, which until 1966 operated to Chicago Heights and Joliet, having succeeded an interurban railway.
All American Bus Lines in 1946 was renamed American Buslines and became part of the Trailways system, and their separate bus depot was then closed.
Around 1970, Greyhound and Trailways moved to a new location away from downtown, on Calumet Ave. near the Indiana Toll Road. Several different actual locations in that area were used in the subsequent years.
HARBOR BUS DEPOT, 3448 Guthrie St., opened by 1930's
UNION BUS DEPOT, 3462 Guthrie St., opened by 1942
HARBOR BUS DEPOT, 4026 Euclid Ave. opened 1955
Union Bus Depot was the primary stop for Greyhound and Trailways. Also certain buses also stopped at the Harbor Bus Depot at its different locations.