On Racine's north side, a storage yard later opened on Goold St. near Douglas Av., originally for interurban trains. And by 1925, certain city streetcars were stored there.
In 1930, a new car house was built at the Goold St. location, replacing all the other facilities. The facility eventually became a bus garage, as streetcars were discontinued in 1940. As of 1952, the Racine Motor Coach Lines address was listed at 1510 Goold St., at that garage, on the north side of the street. The garage continued in service until Lakeshore Transit Racine discontinued operations, in 1968. The building no longer stands.
When Flash City Transit began operating Racine's buses in 1968, the owners had already been operating Racine Flash Cab Co. and a school bus operation, out of a lot at 1900 Kentucky St. In 1977, the Belle Urban System constructed the present bus garage at that location, on the west side of the street.
In 2006, the main Belle Urban System transit terminal was dedicated at the former Chicago & North Western Railroad station. Rail service was discontinued in 1971 with the creation of Amtrak, but proposals exist for a new commuter rail service in that part of Wisconsin. In 2010, the name Corinne Reid-Owens Transit Center was adopted. And in 2017, Belle Urban System was renamed RYDE.