KENOSHA TRANSIT FACILITIES

CAR HOUSES/BUS GARAGES/TRANSIT CENTERS

Present and past.


The original car house in Kenosha was on Sheridan Rd. at 54th St., at the northeast corner. The streetcars were replaced with trolleybuses in 1932, and with motor buses in 1952. A vacant lot now occupies that land.

As of 1952, Kenosha Motor Coach Co. was listed as located at 5150 Sheridan Rd. That building still stands, occupied by a dealer of yachts.

Under public ownership, the Kenosha Transit garage is located at 3735 65th St., as part of the municipal garage complex.

The car house for the new streetcar line is located at the new Kenosha Transit Center, at 724 54th St., about a block east of the location of the original streetcar car house.


TRANSIT FACILITY LOCATIONS

Links to locations of past and present transit facilities, using Google Maps. Satellite views are also available.