TRANSIT FACILITIES IN FORT WAYNE
CAR HOUSES/BUS GARAGES
Present and past.
In 1925, the Indiana Service Corporation completed its Spy Run car house and shops at 2101 Spy Run Av., on Fort Wayne's north side, consolidating and replacing several older facilities. The Baker Street car house, on Fort Wayne's south side, remained in use until 1930.
Some Spy Run buildings remain standing. on the west side of the street.
In 1954, Fort Wayne Transit replaced the Spy Run facility with a new bus garage at 801 Leesburg Road, on the west side of the street. This garage continues to be used by the Fort Wayne Public Transportation Corporation.
The main downtown bus terminal is known as "Central Station", located at 121 W Baker St., on the south side of the street. The facility also serves Greyhound.
Links to locations of past and present transit facilities, using Google Maps. Satellite views are also available.