TRANSIT FACILITIES IN CANTON
CAR HOUSES/BUS GARAGES
Present and past.
The main car house in Canton was located at 1501 W. Tuscarawas Ave., on Canton's west side, and was opened in 1903. In addition, the North Canton car house was in use from 1902 to 1928. The main car house first accommodated buses in 1924, and housed its last streetcars in 1931. The facility was used as a bus garage during the years of National City Lines ownership.
Under public ownership, the Stark Area Regional Transit Authority bus garage is located at 1600 Gateway Blvd. SE, on the east side of the street.
The main downtown bus terminal is located at 112 Cherry Ave. SE, on the east side of the street. The facility also serves Greyhound.
Links to locations of past and present transit facilities, using Google Maps. Satellite views are also available.