In 1924, a portion of the Kenmore Blvd. facility was converted to a bus garage, as bus service was introduced. Trolleybuses were introduced in 1941. And after streetcars were eliminated in 1947, and trolleybuses eliminated in 1959, the entire facility was used as a motor bus garage.
Some of the Kenmore Blvd. car house buildings remain standing, on the southeast side of the street. Immediately northeast is the new Akron Metro garage, with an address of 416 Kenmore Blvd.
Besides Kenmore Blvd., also apparently still standing are the Barberton car house, and the crew quarters building of the Silver Lake Junction complex. Address is 2752 Hudson Dr., Cuyahoga Falls.
The main downtown bus terminal is located at 631 S. Broadway. The facility also serves Greyhound.