TRANSIT FACILITIES IN ANN ARBOR
CAR HOUSES/BUS GARAGES
Present and past.
The original car house was located on Detroit St. between Kingsley and Division, but was destroyed by fire in 1894. A new car house was then built at Wells and Lincoln, southeast of downtown Ann Arbor. In 1943, when Greyhound acquired Ann Arbor City Bus, buses began operating out of the Greyhound garage at 117 N. First St. As of 1968, Ann Arbor City Transit was operating out of a garage at 415 W. Washington St. And after the public takeover in 1969, the garage was located at 315 W. Huron St. The Ann Arbor Transportation Authority finally moved into a garage at 2700 S. Industrial Highway, on the west side of the street.
The main downtown bus terminal is the Blake Transit Center, located at 331 S. 4th Ave., on the east side of the street.
Links to locations of past and present transit facilities, using Google Maps. Satellite views are also available.